Châteauneuf-du-Pape is the best known of all Côtes du Rhône wines. In the Middle Ages, the city of Avignon became the summer
residence of the Popes. This papal presence was instrumental in the growth and international renown of Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
The "Coteaux" (gently sloping vineyards) are situated between the towns of Avignon and Orange in one of the most beautiful
landscapes of Provence. These wines reveals real body and generosity qualities. Nevertheless, these wines also age &
mature with grace.
- Grape: Shiraz, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Counoise, Picardan, Cinsault, Muscardin et Terret noir.
- Location: the Vaucluse Valley.
- Soil: terraced strata of clay with large rounded stones, clay-limestone soils and Barremian limestone.
- Colour: very deep garnet red.
- Bouquet: small red fruits and spices.
- Body: expansive, round and full.
- Wine & Dine: game duck, guinea fowl, pigeon and cheese with character.
- Serving Temperature: 16-18°C